- the Raygulator_Right (or Raygulator_Left) figure needs to be PARENTED (not conformed) to Victoria 4's right (or left) hand.
To do so, ZERO Victoria 4's pose, then select the Raygulator_Left (or Right) figure's BODY, go to the Figure menu: "Set Figure Parent..." and choose V4's matching hand.
Then the Raygulator will be set in place, and you will be able to pose your V4. :)
- the Raygulator_Right (or Raygulator_Left) figure can also be used on other human (or monster) figures, with some adjustment. :)
- the Raygulator (standalone) can be hand held (scaled up, if you want it bigger, or as is):
in that case, parent it to the hand holding it, and pose the other hand so that it can activate the button or the Raygulator dials.
- the Raygulator Ray may render differently when "RaygulatorMain" body part is set with "smooth polys" checked or unchecked. It is checked by default, but if the Raygulator is small in the scene and you want a straighter Ray, then unchecking "smooth polys" on "RaygulatorMain" could be a good idea.
Notes for D|S users:
Please make sure that nothing is selected in the scene before loading the Raygulator figure(s).
Then parent it/them to what you want it/them parented to.
For smoother Raybeam please convert to SubD (to do this, select Raygulator in scenes tab, go Edit, then select Convert to SubD), and use the following settings (accessed through parameters tab):
For D|S2- viewport level - 2
- render level - 3
For D|S3A- viewport level 2
- edge interpolation - edges & corners.
After converting to SubD, D|S mats can be applied from the SteamGear_JLA folder in the pose folder.